Style Scheme: A Luxurious Lounge
January 19, 2018
Text by Lynda Simonton
Imagine waiting out winter in this sophisticated lounge designed by Duncan Hughes.
Rich, luxurious fabrics—mohair and velvet—in deep jewel hues, warm wood tones, and artwork that elevates the room all add up to a warm and welcoming space. Comfortable furniture promotes relaxation with a cocktail in hand (fresh off the brushed-brass bar cart of course) while a plush carpet means feet always have a soft spot to land. Overall, this is a place to stretch out and unwind while surrounded by the best.
Here are the details:
(1) Weston club chair by Edward Ferrell + Lewis Mittman, The Martin Group, Boston Design Center, martingroupinc.com
(2) Eliza drinks cart by Jan Showers, Kravet, Boston Design Center, kravet.com
(3) Bolle 3 Grande light fixture by Gallotti & Radice, Casa Design Living, Boston, casadesignliving.com
(4) Edie sofa by Holly Hunt, Stamford, CT, hollyhunt.com and through Webster & Company, Boston Design Center, websterandcompany.com
(5) Park Slope cocktail table, Century Furniture, Boston Design Center, centuryfurniture.com
(6) Serafina by Kerry Brooks, Galerie d’Orsay, galerie-dorsay.com
(7) Hand-knotted rug (107773), Dover Rug & Home, doverrug.com
(8) Duncan Hughes Interiors, Boston, duncanhughes.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.