5 Under 40 - Nominate
Nominations for the 2023 5 Under 40 Awards are now closed.
For rules and submission details, see below.
A separate entry must be submitted for each nomination.
Individuals may be nominated by either members of the design community or the general public. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
All nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, February 3, 2023.
1. Nominees must be residential design professionals in one of the following categories:
* Residential architecture
* Residential interiors (including kitchen and bath design)
* Landscape design
* Specialty design (furniture, lighting, accessories, or other home-design products)
2. Nominees must live, work, or have a fully-staffed office located in New England.
3. Nominees must have made particularly notable contributions to their design specialty with work of the very highest quality. Demonstration of this can be through publication, industry awards, peer recognition, or other evidence.
4. Special consideration is given to nominees who have helped raise public awareness of and interest in the design profession.
5. Nominees must be under 40 years of age as of September 14, 2023.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL
All nominees must provide the following:
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae outlining your career and professional accomplishments
2. Descriptions and multiple photos of 5–8 design projects that best represent the quality of your work, including an outline of the scope of the project, location (if applicable), dates, other professionals involved, and an explanation of your personal role in the project. Please be detailed about your personal role, especially if it was a collaborative project with a firm principal or other professional(s). For landscape nominees, please also be clear about what your landscape firm did versus what was done by the architect of the home, if applicable.
3. Other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, awards, and relevant publicity
4. Confirmation in writing that you will be under 40 years of age as of September 14, 2023 and are a current resident of one of the six New England states.
5. Any additional information the judging committee should consider
6. Written confirmation that, if you are chosen as a winner for 2023, you will be available for the following dates and events (we will have exact dates in early 2023):
- March 2023: Rug design seminar to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom in downtown Boston.
- April 2023: Evening reception and press announcement to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom
- July 2023: Photoshoot for winners and their custom rugs, date and location TBD.
- September 2023: Gala evening celebration and awards ceremony in downtown Boston.
Submission material will need to be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on February 10, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Particularly large files may need to be transmitted via FTP or a file-sending service such as DropBox, WeTransfer, etc.) Important: Please note that electronic submission of all material is required. No submissions mailed to the New England Home office will be forwarded to the judges or returned; do not send unique copies of any photographs or publications. If you have questions, please email Camilla Tazzi at email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.