Editor’s Miscellany: Favorite Spaces Contest
March 15, 2012
Design by Kevin Walsh of Bear-Hill Interiors. Photo by Nancy Nolan, courtesy of At Home in Arkansas. Click to see more.
Architecture by D. Stanley Dixon; Interior design by Nancy Warren. Photo by Emily J. Followill, courtesy of Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles. Click to see more.
In cooperation with our sister home and lifestyle publications around the U.S., we’re pleased to announce the Favorite Spaces Contest. It’s a chance for you to share your vision of that perfect room, be it a completed project or a killer concept that so far exists only in your mind’s eye.
Entries will be judged by the editors of these six home-design magazines:
â€¢ At Home in Arkansas
â€¢ Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles
â€¢ Colorado Homes & Lifestyles
â€¢ Kansas City Homes & Gardens
â€¢ Mountain Living
â€¢ New England Home
Each editor will choose his or her favorite space from the entries received. Winners will be showcased on each publication’s blog and social media platforms, as well as in an upcoming print issue.
Interior Design by Beth Armijo. Photo by Kimberly Gavin, courtesy of Colorado Homes & Lifestyles. Click to see more.
Architecture by Gerald Janssen of Elswood Smith Carlson Architects. Photo by Bill Mathews, courtesy of Kansas City Homes & Gardens. Click to see more.
Here’s how the contest works:
1. Send us a high-resolution photo of a room you’ve designed, a rendering of a space still in progress, or a collage of the furnishings, fixtures and accessories you’d use to outfit your dream room.
2. Tell us (in 250 words or less) a bit about the space. What inspired the design, what are the key elements and why is it your favorite room? Be sure to tell us a bit about yourself too: your name, blog and/or website name and URL, Twitter handle, e-mail address, phone number and mailing address.
3. Make sure your images are at least 5″ by 7″ at a resolution of 300 DPI. Please don’t forget to include a photo or illustration credit.
4. Send these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Total attachments per e-mail may not exceed 8 MB. Please include â€œFavorite Spaces Contestâ€ in your e-mail subject line.
5. Entries are due May 1, 2012.
What’s the most gorgeous or amazing space you have to share? We can’t wait to seeâ€¦
Architecture by Greg Faulkner; interior design by Judy Weirick. Photo by Vance Fox, courtesy of Mountain Living. Click to see more.