Design in Depth: Gifts for Design Lovers
December 11, 2013
Weather got you stuck at home? Still needing to splurge on friends and loved ones for Christmas? There are a number of New England design businesses that can help you out. Your receivers will love you for it too!
P.S. These would also be fantastic gifts for yours truly. 😉
1. Berry and Thread Double Old Fashioned glasses from Juliska. What is better than the perfect glass or a set of them?
All photos via shop websites.
2. Rare and out-of-print Dorothy Draper books.
The perfect gift for your decorator friends that are sure to bring inspiration!
3. Whale Candle from Patch NYC
The candles from this South End shop are almost too beautiful to light, but the scents are irresistible. The Whale candle smells of orange, patchouli, basil and jasmine, oh my.
4. Erin Gates Bateau #6 Vase by Jill Rosenwald
Boston ceramicist, Jill Rosenwald teamed up with interior designer Erin Gates (they used to share office space in South Boston) to create this simple in its perfection vase.
5. Mixed Media Drawing by Rebekah Lord Gardiner at JAR Home
During this color-filled time of year sometimes it’s nice to stick with the neutrals. I’m enchanted by this particular piece framed in nickel.
6. Harper Pendant Light at Hudson
This may be too personal for a friend, so maybe I’m just thinking of myself. This pendant reminds me of a Josephine Baker skirt. Love.
7. Shearling Runner at DiseÃ±o
What could be more luxurious than sinking your toes into a shearling runner on Christmas morning? Even better, it’s on super sale!
8. Turkish Towels from Lekker
I used these towels on a photo shoot a few weeks ago and wanted to take them home!
9. Match Pewter Gallic Tray from Didrick’s
Didrick’s in Cambridge has about anything tabletop you could imagine, but I’d love to arrive at my sister’s bearing this as a hostess gift.
10. Airwaves Pillow by MK Coastal
Made in New England from reclaimed sail cloth, this pillow is the perfect gift for anyone who lives near the shore or dreams of doing so one day.