10 Favorites from the Architectural Digest Home Design Show
April 23, 2015
By Stacy Kunstel
A few weeks ago I attended the Architectural Digest Home Design Show in New York. Here were my top ten favorite things from the show.
1. Wall Art by Joseph Dermody—the Greenwich, Connecticut-based musician/designer/artist’s work give dimension to walls with their beauty.
2. Tables by Debra Folz—The Boston-based designer is best known for her dining tables, but the acrylic topped cocktail tables tickled me pink.
3. Miele Wine Cooler—And there’s room for glasses! Enough said.
4. Audrey Sterk Wall Coverings—The Nantucket artist’s sophisticated wallpapers include gold and silver faux wood and graphic patterns.
5. Woven leather by Lance Wovens—It’s so much more than pillows. The woven leathers can be customized to make rugs, wall coverings, draperies (like they are doing for a store in Tokyo designed by Peter Marino) and leather upholstery. And they are based in Norwalk, Connecticut.
6. Accessories by DBO Home—Graphic plates, vases and now tabletop and wall items such as handmade long bows and hand-carved, hand-cast bronze art.
7. Tile Bar’s gold-flecked tile—Tile as lust-inducing necessity.
8. Rosie Li light fixtures—Configure it as you wish.
9. Drew Tyndell’s architectural art—His father was an architect. The RISD grad now makes his home in Nashville.
10. DAMM Lighting — No, seriously. Damn they’re good. I just love the arrows.